Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Christmas Miracle

The other day I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and down in the dumps. Needless to say, it just wasn't the best day for me.

I had to go to work, so my husband took our soon to be 6 year old daughter to the mall for a Libby Lu party. Everyone had lots of fun and she got all decked out.

Afterwards, she saw Santa and wanted to sit on his lap and talk to him. After a brief conversation with my daughter, Santa called my husband over to his side. He complimented him and me regarding what a wonderful and caring child we are raising.

Santa went on to say that the first thing he asks the kids is not "What they want for Christmas", but rather "Who are your two favorite heroes". He said that most kids say a comic or movie character. He said that he sees thousands of kids and that only one or two give the response my daughter gave.

She said, without even stopping to give it thought "my mommy and my daddy". Santa was so full of joy about this response, he made it a point to tell my husband, who needless to say was so proud.

Later on, my husband called me to tell me the story. It brought me to tears and it was just what I needed.

Thank you Santa for my Christmas Miracle!

No comments: